Adama  

Corporation launches project to enhance competitiveness and job creation 

B2B

     Bole Lemi Industrial Park

ADDIS ABABA, APRIL 11/2016

The Industrial Parks Development Corporation through the Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project has launched USD 12.5 million IDA sponsored business to business linkage fund  to enhance competitiveness and job creation.

The project would enable local investors and business people to create market linkage and enable them to link  with firms in the industrial  parks  by  mitigating  the binding  constraints of local potential  manufacturing  suppliers (low productivity , quality  and   high price and  long delivery  time, etc )  , according to Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project Coordinator Tesema Geda.  Speaking at the CJC project workshop held at Desalgne Hotel, the coordinator said CJC has been working to promote investment, create jobs and improve the global competitiveness of Ethiopian enterprises.

He stated that the Bole-Lemi and Kilinto Industrial Parks would be primarily targeted to implement the project.  Under component  3 of the project ,  “a maximum  of  USD 400,000 grants will be given for each firm  that  can  supply or work  as sub contractors  with firm in the IP   in two phase  on   matching  grant basis  (first 300, 000  USD and second 100, 000 USD, 60 % of the fund to be covered by project and the remaining 40 % will be shared by the beneficiary  firms ) ” Tessema said, indicating that eligible private firms/ investors would be encouraged to participate.  “There will be also technology, knowledge, experience and skill sharing through this project to local manufacturing firms from the investors in the IP as the result of the linkage to create through the fund.”

The project coordinator pointed out that firms operating in raw material, accessory   and   sub contracting services related to the leather, textile and garment sectors would be eligible to engage in the project.

The accessory services will include supplying accessory, packaging materials, machineries and other input spare parts and engineering manufacturing firms, he further elaborated. According to Tessema, applicants will go through different stages of screening based on the operating procedures of the Business to Business (B2B) linkage fund.

Gebrehiwot Gebretatiyos, Competitiveness and Job Creation, linkage Specialist with the Corporation on his part said the project would have great contribution to realize the country’s plan of developing industries by technology, knowledge, experience and skill sharing through this project to local manufacturing firms from the investors in the industrial as the result of the linkage to create through the fund.”

The project would not only promote competitiveness and job creation but also improves productiveness and upgrades the quality of commodities in the global market, the specialist indicated. It was learned that upon completion of two years, after the project is expected to create jobs for up to 35,000 citizens.)

Source :-( IPDC and ENA, April 2016)

 

Ethiopia Today

       19/05/2015 - Bloomberg

       15/05/2015 – The Wall Street Journal

       28/10/2014 – The Economist

       The Ethiopian Herald

       Ethiopian News Agency

       Fana Broadcasting Corporate

 

 

Contact us

      Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC)

      Call us: +251-11-661-69-86 / +251-11-661-66-74     

      E-mail us:-admin.info@ipdc.gov.et

      Bishangari Building, Comoros Street

      (Opposite to Kenyan Embassy)

      Addis Ababa, Ethiopia